IBMT Modules and workshops can be taken individually for continued professional development, or all Modules taken as part of the Diploma in Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy.
The pre-requisites for each module vary and are on the individual module website pages.
If you are interested in the full Diploma or an individual module:
1. Please complete the Application Form (Click Here to Download) and return it by email.
We’ll consider your application letting you know our decision within 14 days. Once accepted:
2. Please complete the Registration form for the module you have been accepted on:
- Infant Movement Development – Click Here to Download the Infant Movement Module Registration Form
- Authentic Movement & Therapeutic Presence – Click Here to Download the Authentic Movement & Therapeutic Presence Module Registration Form
3. Arrange the relevant payment.
Please note that a place is only secured once both registration form and payment have been received. Deposits are non-refundable. We reserve the right to cancel events at our discretion and will issue refunds for any fees paid.
If you are interested in the full Diploma:
To gain the ISMETA Approved Diploma in Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy practitioners need to complete:
- all 5 Modules.
- 2 written papers.
- a case study, and film of a session.
- regular individual IBMT sessions with an IBMT practitioner (a minimum of 18).
- a journal of your experience during and between courses.
- some background reading – reading lists are provided at the start of each module.
- 1 hour a week practicing hands-on work.
- 1 hour a week movement practice.
- Receive supervision from a more experienced practitioner, or in peer supervision, once you begin to apply aspects of the work in your professional practice.
Further Details and a copy of the IBMT Handbook will be provided at the start of the course.
In preparation, you may want to have a look at the following:
- Wisdom of the Body Moving – Linda Hartley – Particularly Relevant to Infant Movement Development and Embodied Anatomy.
- Somatic Psychology – Linda Hartley.
- Offering from the Conscious Body – The Discipline of Authentic Movement – Janet Adler.
Depending on your background and experience we may recommend you take some individual sessions with an IBMT Practitioner, or attend an IBMT workshop to gain some experience of the work.
Each student is responsible for researching the practicalities of doing the training, and booking travel and accommodation in good time.