The majority of study weekends happen in Ashprington, Near Totnes, South Devon: See Map. Totnes is well connected, with a mainline train service from London and Birmingham/the North. People often car share to get from Totnes to Ashprington, and it is also a beautiful walk from Totnes, through woodland and rolling devon hills, along a cycle path. This takes about 1 1/4 hours, and can be a lovely start or end to the day. If driving, we recommend not relying solely on Sat Nav. Lanes can be narrow and you may be best coming on main roads. Please see the map, link above.
There isn’t a car park, but you can park in the village square by the pub, or along the same side of the road that the hall is on. Just make sure you’re not blocking anyone in and there is enough space for tractors etc to pass. Parking isn’t usually an issue. Car share if you can.
- Totnes is on the mainline train network, with lines North to Bristol and Birmingham, West to Exeter and London, and East to Plymouth and Penzance. Around 3 hours travel time from Paddington or Birmingham. National Rail
- The Waterloo line from London also connects at Exeter.
- Booking tickets ahead of time can enable considerable savings. Set an alert to get notification of when the Advanced Tickets are released.
- Direct Bus services from Central London & Heathrow to Totnes. National Express
- Budget bus service to Exeter. Megabus
- Budget Bus travel connecting Devon with Somerset, Bristol Airport and Bristol City Centre 24/7. South West Falcon
There is a taxi rank at Totnes Station. We recommend that you book a taxi, as there isn’t always a taxi at the rank. It costs around £10 to get to Ashprington from the station.
- Badger Cabs 01803 840 400
- South Hams Cabs 01803 840 404
- Happy Cabby 01803 559 292
- Arch Taxis 01803 868 873
- And Some Taxis 01803 840 009
- A Cyle Path runs from Totnes to Ashprington.
- Exeter Airport with flights from UK and European Cities. 45 minute drive away. Connected to Exeter via bus, then train from Exeter St Davids Station to Totnes.
- Bristol Airport with flights from UK and European Cities. 1 hour 45 minutes drive away, and connects via bus & train to Exeter St Davids/Totnes station.
- There is a pub in the village, The Durant Arms.
- A range of local B & B accommodation available.
- Many Airbnbs.
- Seasonal Campsite at Dartington, including camping pods
- Campervan site in Totnes town at Steamer Quay
- Morrisons Supermarket in Totnes. 7am – 11pm (10am – 4pm Sunday)
- There is no shop in Ashprington, just the pub.
- Please bring snacks and lunch. Teas provided.
Restaurants/bars on Totnes High Street.