The Diploma in Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy is composed of 5 modules over 3 years. (If you would like to take individual modules, please get in touch. If you would like to apply for the whole diploma and have a payment plan that spans 3 years, please let us know).
If you are interested in the Diploma:
1. Please complete the Application Form (Click here to Download Module Application Form) and return it by email, plus a photo of yourself.
We’ll consider your application letting you know our decision within 14 days. Once accepted:
2. Please complete the Registration & Payment Agreement Form for the module/s you have been accepted on. In some instances we might be able to accept later applications, but to ensure your place, we require registrations and payment/arrangements to be completed 6 weeks before the start of each module:
- Embodied Anatomy & Movement Repatterning Registration & Payment Agreement Form 2022
- Somatic Psychology 2023 Registration & Payment Agreement Form
3. Arrange the relevant payment.
Please note that a place is only secured once both registration form and payment have been received. Deposits are non-refundable. We reserve the right to cancel events at our discretion and will issue refunds for any fees paid. We are not liable for any travel or accommodation costs. When payments/refunds are made to/from international accounts, all banking fees to be met by the student.
If you are interested in the full Diploma:
To gain the ISMETA Approved Diploma in Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy practitioners need to complete:
- all Modules.
- 2 written papers.
- 1 hour a week practicing hands-on work.
- 1 hour a week movement practice.
- some background reading – reading lists are provided at the start of each module.
- a journal of your experience during and between courses for your own reflections.
- regular individual IBMT sessions with an IBMT practitioner (a minimum of 24 from students graduating after 2022), so think of 8 in a year over the 3 years, or if you need more time they can be completed before you hand in your case study. Payments arranged between student and practitioner.
- Offer 6 IBMT sessions to a fellow student.
- A Presentation to the group sharing how you are, or hope to be, applying IBMT principles in a project or your work.
a case study, and film of a session (submitted in the 2 years after completing all modules).
We recommend that you have access to a Therapist for personal work as needed to help process and integrate material that may arise during the training.
- Receive supervision from a more experienced practitioner, or in peer supervision, once you begin to apply aspects of the work in your professional practice.
Further Details and a copy of the IBMT Handbook will be provided at the start of the course.
In preparation, you may want to have a look at the following:
- Wisdom of the Body Moving – Linda Hartley – Particularly Relevant to Infant Movement Development and Embodied Anatomy.
- Somatic Psychology – Linda Hartley.
- Offering from the Conscious Body – The Discipline of Authentic Movement – Janet Adler.