Moving with Earth, Body and Sky
An Outdoor Infant Movement Development Introductory Workshop – 17 & 18 July 2021
Explore early infant movement development patterns in the natural landscape, feeling earth and ground as well as the inspiration of the air and sky.
Spend a weekend being introduced to the movement that we all go through and that form the foundation to our development. Experience the evolutionary stages that begin in utero, support our birth and develop in complexity during the first year of life.
Have a taste of the IBMT approach to somatic movement as an introduction to the material that will be covered on the Infant Movement Development Module that starts in September 2021. This module marks the beginning of the next UK Diploma programme of this ISMETA approved training programme in Integrative Bodywork & Movement Therapy.
- Work in a Quiet Rural Location.
- Large, private outdoor playing field space, surrounded by trees and rolling Devon hills.
- Large Hall available with underfloor heating as a backup space.
The day will include movement, mark making, writing and sharing.
This workshop is open to all who are interested in exploring movement for their development or work with others, as well as graduate and current IBMT students.
Paul is on the IBMT faculty and has had a long interest in working outside and how it can support our embodied practice.
Come prepared for all weathers:
- Layers of clothing for warmth.
- Gloves, Sun Hat, sunscreen.
- Small groundsheet or tarpaulin.
- Waterproof jacket and trousers.
- Outdoor footwear, ideally waterproof or a change footwear/socks.
Please also bring:
- Notebook and any art materials.
- Drinks, snacks and lunch.
Date: Sat 17th & Sun 18th July 2021
Time: 10.30pm – 4.30pm each day.
Venue: Near Totnes, South Devon, UK.
Cost: £130.00 Early Bird Rate. £160 Full Rate if paid less than 6 weeks before the workshop date.
Tutor: Paul Beaumont
Booking Essential: Download Booking Form here.