For the first day of Somatic Psychology (Thursday 5th October 2023), we will be using Studio 30 (in the Hex Building) on the Dartington Estate. We apologise for needing to have the first day at a different venue. The rest of the module will happen at Ashprington Village Hall as usual.
- Dartington Hall Estate is 2 miles from Totnes. 40min walk or 10 min Taxi from Totnes.
- 15 minutes drive from the A38/M5.
- The Red Marker in the map below shows the location of the studio. The Blue Marker is Ashprington Village Hall.
- Getting to Dartington Hall Estate – Follow this link (scroll down that page to the ‘Getting Here’ Section).
- We are working in Studio 30, in the Hexagon Building, only on Thursday 5th Oct 2023. Download Map
- Sat Nav usually just brings you onto the estate. Please allow time for your journey and to find the studio.
- On site parking (charges apply – £6/day).
- Mobile reception is available, but is very patchy.
- Please bring your own crockery/cutlery and a travel mug with a lid for use in the studio.
- Access to very Basic Kitchen facilities (not for our sole use – other studio users will be using the facilities): Microwave & Kettle.
- Please bring your own snacks and/or lunch.
- They have had struggles to get staff over recent months, so there have been some changes to opening times and menus, but there are a few options for food on site. If you have specific dietary requirements we recommend bringing your own food.
- There is the Green Table Cafe 9am – 4pm about 5 min walk from the studio
- or the Café at The Roundhouse (next to The Barn Cinema), TQ9 6EL, daily 9am – 8pm that is run by Montreal Style Bagels
- or the White Hart Pub, also on site.
- Dartington on site seasonal Campsite including luxury pods.
- Other on site accommodation.
- A range of local B & B accommodation available.
- Many Airbnbs.
- Totnes is on the mainline train network, with lines North to Bristol and Birmingham, West to Exeter and London, and East to Plymouth and Penzance. Around 3 hours travel time from Paddington or Birmingham. National Rail
- The Waterloo line from London also connects at Exeter.
- Booking tickets ahead of time can enable considerable savings. Set an alert to get notification of when the Advanced Tickets are released.
- Direct Bus services from Central London & Heathrow to Totnes. National Express
- Budget bus service to Exeter. Megabus
- Budget Bus travel connecting Devon with Somerset, Bristol Airport and Bristol City Centre 24/7. South West Falcon
- Country bus Service 165: Totnes to Broadhempston runs a service from Totnes Coronation Road (by The Seven Stars in the centre of Totnes) up to Dartington Hall.
There is a taxi rank at Totnes Station. We recommend that you book a taxi, as there isn’t always a taxi at the rank. It costs around £6 – 8 to get to Dartington Hall from the station.
- Badger Cabs 01803 840 400
- South Hams Cabs 01803 840 404
- Happy Cabby 01803 559 292
- Arch Taxis 01803 868 873
- And Some Taxis 01803 840 009
- A Sustrans Cyle Path runs along the edge of the estate.
- Exeter Airport with flights from UK and European Cities. 45 minute drive away. Connected to Exeter via bus, then train from Exeter St Davids Station to Totnes.
- Bristol Airport with flights from UK and European Cities. 1 hour 45 minutes drive away, and connects via bus & train to Exeter St Davids/Totnes station.